Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Epitome of Pitiful

What happens when you have a husband coming down with a cold and a wife with pregnancy pains? Nothing, that's what.

My poor man has been getting more sick every day, and I have been trying to force that practically nonexistent nurturing side of me to come out. I was doing well until yesterday afternoon when I started having pains in my side and back (likely related to ligament/muscle stretching).

When Lee came home from work, he joined me on the couch where we stayed until bed time. Neither of us wanting to do anything. I tried to impress upon the dogs that they would need to take care of themselves, but their English is still limited. And they have not grown opposable thumbs, which makes opening doors and throwing balls more difficult.

Today, I am feeling better, but Lee is more sick than ever. Please say a prayer for him...I know he feels miserable, and he hates missing work. Personally, I don't mind him missing work. It is always nice to have him home, sick or not.

2 comments:

The Whinery Family September 23, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

so sorry -- that's no fun. :(

and my 2 cents if I may: don't forget that pregnant ladies need flu shots... if you haven't already gotten one :)

Ashley September 24, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Flu shot, check!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP