Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Snow Days!!!

I found this post set as a draft.  It is from December 2013, but never got published.  Here it is...

I have never lived in a place where snow could stick for more than 24 hours. Yet, here we are, in Ft Worth, day 6 of white. It's getting slushy, and we can now drive on the streets safely, but this is nuts.

I really hate being cold, and the thought of several days of cold just makes me severely uncomfortable.  So I never thought I would say it, but this is awesome!  Lee got to work from home.  We had hot chocolate and hot apple cider.  I made a lot of soup (I love soup.  I would eat it every day.).  We got to glide instead of walk down the street.  And we made a snowman...and he's still alive!!!  Although his blueberry eyes and mouth have rolled out, and his carrot nose is mysteriously missing.  I know you're out there, Bunny.  You left your droppings on my beautiful white, icy lawn.

But, alas, school is no longer canceled, and Lee can drive to work again.  The cozy solitude of our snow-in is over, and life resumes.

Our little snowman.  We're very proud of him.



The neighborhood pond.  Ice everywhere!


Trying to get the ice off the driveway.  Failed effort.

It's sooooooo cold.

The MOST awkward sibling photo.  This will be used at a graduation and/or wedding.







0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP