Monday, November 2, 2009

Kids are cute


The little one in the picture is my cousin, David. He is 4 years old, which means he is active, a bit rambunctious, and extremely inquisitive.


This weekend was the first time he has seen me with a belly. He understands that pregnant means baby, but was a little curious about how the whole thing worked. He kept coming up to me to feel my belly and try to get a peak under my shirt. After being satisfied that the baby hadn't come out, he would look at me and pronounce, "It's still in there."

After a while, I guess his mind got to thinking...and he came up to me with a question. "How does the baby get out?"

It's an innocent question, but really, what do you tell a 4 year old? So after an awkward silence, and possibly a bit of blushing, I told him the truth. "I'm going to push it out."

It must have been a good answer, because as you can tell from the picture, he likes to push things. So he put both hands on my belly and started to push on it. Unfortunately for him, but luckily for me, my grandpa quickly put a stop to that.

David will just have to wait like the rest of us. But it is nice to know that he is excited about meeting his cousin.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP