Tuesday, July 21, 2009

12 Week Check-up

On Friday, baby and I had a check-up with the ob/gyn. This was the first time I got to hear its heartbeat!

Finding the heartbeat took a while, and I was hoping the lunch of rice and beans that I shoved into my face on the car ride to the office would not impede the nurse's ability to locate the baby. When she finally found the heartbeat, which sounded like gusts of wind blowing into a cell phone, I thought about how much Lee would have loved to have been at this visit. It was sad to experience something so incredible without him. But he's working hard so we can pay for this kid's future college tuition, ER visits, and random pleads for more spending cash. He's a good man.

My doctor tells me the baby's heartbeat and my uterine measurements are perfect...which I translate to mean normal. So, it's looking good, and we're very encouraged.

1 trimester down...2 to go!

3 comments:

stephanie July 21, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

Ahhh! yay! I am so excited for y'all. We are praying for you, Lee and the little bean!

Jessie July 22, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

Yea, I am glad ya'll started a blog! I can't wait to read all about the Fithian's :)

The Whinery Family July 23, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

You guys have a blog!!! I will be a devoted follower. :) We are so happy for you guys and the precious little Fithian who's coming along. Glad we have this way to keep in touch!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP