Sunday, August 9, 2009

Little Monkey Mery - First Birthday

As part of our pre-parenthood planning process, we requested both my sister and sister-in-law to have children. That way, we could learn all about babies with little to no personal sacrifice.

In celebration of the culmination of one year of our great plan ... I mean ... we celebrated Owen Mery's first birthday this past weekend (his actual birthday is on my own birthday, just another great part of our plan ;). Owen is the son of my sister Krista, and her husband Nathan.

Besides Owen, the party was attended by only one other person less than 5 years old. There was an abundance of friends and family. We gave the little guy a pop up tent. Not surprisingly, he didn't immediately scream with childhood excitement over it (see Monkey-video below). However, all the adults thought it was pretty cool. Here are some photos:

Stunned by all the people

Already walking!

2 comments:

The Floyds August 10, 2009 at 5:41 AM  

I LOVE IT! He is fantastic, and I love even more 1st birthdays! One of the only child birthdays where the child is encouraged to get as messy as possible, a parent opens all the presents and halfway through the party the birthday boy/girl conks out for an afternoon nap and no one goes home. lol

Katrina August 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Oh MY!! You are preggo!! Yea. I am so excited for ya'll. And I love that you have a blog. I . Am. An. Addict. I will read your blogs all the time :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP